Gratitude is an important part of our walk with God. It helps to stay connected to our Heavenly Father. It changes our perspective and we feel more joy. And, it helps us keep shame away.
The Bible tells us:
Enter his gates with thanksgivingPsalm 100: 4-5
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- A way of thinking
- A way of acting
- A choice
- A command from God
Today I wanted to share 20 questions that will help you cultivate an attitude of gratitude in your own life.
I highly recommend keeping a gratitude journal. If you’ve never tried, these questions would be a great place to start.
Or consider asking and sharing them with a group. Your family, Bible study.
I asked them to everyone on church during our Sunday worship service and it was very powerful.
20 Questions For Cultivating Gratitude.
1) What person are you most thankful for and why? What do you appreciate about him or her?
I most appreciate my husband, Pastor Lovingson. He encourages me. Makes me laugh. And most importantly, he helps me in my walk with God.
2) What skills do you have that you’re thankful for?
I’m so grateful that I can write. It’s a skill that took me a long time to appreciate. And, I’m always trying to learn new ways to improve it.
3) What challenges have you overcome that caused you to grow?
I use to think fasting was way to hard. But this year I completed a 40 day fast. Each day I fasted from 6am to 6pm. During that time I saw God working in a new and powerful way in my life. My body got stronger. My mind, clearer. My life felt more organized and I reached several other goals.
4) What musician or type of music or song are you most thankful for?
My husband I enjoy a date night this week. We watched the movie I can only imagine. I’ve always enjoyed that song, but now I have a deeper appreciating for it.
5) What part of your daily routine adds beauty or joy to your daily life?
Before bed, I always try to take time to write in my gratitude journal. I like looking back over it to see all the answered prayers and blessings in my life.
6) What’s one thing about your body that you’re thankful for?
My body was used by God to make two beautiful people.
7) What foods are you most thankful for?
Chocolate. Rich dark chocolate.
8) What gave you a really good laugh this week?
Our daughter Chido. She just started walking. This week I got her a new winter coat. It’s still a little bit too big. Both girls and I went out for a walk in the fall leaves and Chido looked like a little penguin waddling along in her coat.
9) What book are you most grateful for, and why?
Obviously the Bible. But right now I am really enjoying the work of Dr. Brene Brown. Especially “the power of vulnerability”. It’s researched based and scientific, but in
10) What did someone do for you this week that made a positive difference in your life?
A friend came over to watch the kids so I could go and get a hair cut.
11) What quality do you appreciate
in someone you find difficult?
There’s someone I know that get’s on my nerves a bit. But she has a beautiful ability to make small talk look easy. (which is a personal challenge of mine).
12) What form of art are you most thankful for: music, acting, writing, painting, drawing . . . something else?
I love a good movie. Especially if I want to give my brain a little break. In my opinion a movie like the shack, is moving art and I love how well they captured the essence of the book.
13) What do you appreciate about your home, city, or country?
Our city has a lot of great parks and out door spaces for us to enjoy as a family.
14) Name three days in your life that you feel especially grateful for.
- The day I fell in love with my husband
- The day Chipo was born
- The day Chido was born
15) What color do you feel most thankful for—is there a color that you can’t imagine living without?
I love the color blue. Blue oceans, blue skies, navy blue jackets, blueberries. Good things come in Blue.
16) What’s one thing most people find weird, that you love?
Most people don’t like getting their hands dirty while gardening. But I love it. I like the feel of breaking up the soil and planting things with my bare hands.
17) What did you learn this week that you’re grateful to know?
I learned some new tips and tricks
18) What do you appreciate about your
work / school environment?
I work from home or in the church. Both places are filled with the presence of God and people I love.
19) What product do you use on a daily basis that you most appreciate?
20) What, from this year, do you feel most grateful for?
This year was amazing!
- Our daughter was born
- I started PROVERBS24:26
- I wrote my first book “The Ultimate Guide to Being A Princess In The Kingdom Of God”
- I created courses
- Our children grew healthy and strong.
- We met wonderful people and planted two new churches.
What about you?
What are you most grateful for?
I’d love to hear how God has blessed you. Please take a moment to answer one of these questions in the comments below.
Want access to ALL my FREE Resources??
Enjoy a Free library full of Biblical resources including my free ebook, prayer guides and worksheets.